Re: Black Friday

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Black Friday
From: ShewFamily@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 17:44:01 EDT
I mostly observe the list and take advantage of the wealth of knowledge that
circulates thereupon.  I put up an occasional post here and there when I have
stumbled upon solutions to problems on my own.

This past Friday it was such a beautiful day here in the Tennessee Valley
that I took off early and spent some time enjoying the weather in my TR6.
After all, I had just gotten it back on the road May 1 after spending the
winter solving some long running carb problems created by the previous owner.
 In my two years as owner, it had never run properly until this year - it is
now (or was) such a pleasure to drive.  On my way home from the enjoyable
driving in mountains, I encountered the rear end of a Volvo Cross Country
whose driver had just stood it on its front bumper to keep from hitting the
car stopped in front of him.  No where to go to the left - guard rail - and
no where to go to the right - cars in the right lane.  I watched helplessly
as the antilock brakes and sticky 60 series tires on the Volvo stopped him
about 3 feet shorter than my disc/drum brakes and locked-up Goodrich T/A's
could stop me.

I am about to find out how well my insurance company will handle my
situation.  Fortunately, it is only sheet metal damage.  I have looked
closely and see the need for only a hood, right outer and inner fender,
valiance, bumper and grill, along with a list of misc. parts.  Looks like the
parts will run about $2,000.  As you can imagine, I am heartsick, but looking
on the bright side, I will get my paint job a year ahead of schedule.
John Shewmake
'74 TR6
Chattanooga, TN