RE: brake booster rebuild

To: "'Eric Myracle '" <eric_myracle@hotmail.com>,
Subject: RE: brake booster rebuild
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 14:17:22 -0400
Ummmm, I wouldn't be so sure about that. The Brake servo has no fluid pasing
through it so no effect on leakage. The Master cylinder is famous for
leakage, but in that case you should find fluid underneath it. Check the
body mounting point on the left side of the engine at the mid-point of the
wheel arch. LEakage usually accumulates there.

If that area is dry then you should think about checking your piping. Falure
points are at the unions on the frame at left side under wheel arch and at
mid-frame just if front of differential.

If you see fluid in cockpit or just dribbling down front of brake servo,
then it is the master cylinder, not the servo that has the problem. This is
true in 95% of brake problems in TR6. Any other problem and you would have
poorly functioning brakes in addition to leakage.

Good luck searching,

Mark Hooper
72 TR6