re:Hydraulic Lifts

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: re:Hydraulic Lifts
From: Mike Brinker <74@tr6world.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 21:21:17 -0400
Jsut4fun,

Make sure that your convertible top is up and your doors are closed tightly.
Do not put your car up on a lift without doing this. If the person lifting
your car is experienced, he or she should know that the car should be
supported as evenly as possible. I had my TR6 up on a lift and did not close
the drivers door. I had my rear cross-members replaced. The old ones were
like swiss cheese. The car was up in the air for 2 days. When the work was
completed and the car lowered, there was a noticable (spelling?) uneven gap
line along the "B" post of the door. It took two heavy guys to stand in the
rear shelf area behind the seats and gently bounce to flex the frame back
into proper position. If you have a hardtop, be sure to have it on your car
when it is put up, that is even better. I like the rear supports from the
lift to be placed where the rear cross members and the frame connect. I
don't remember exactly where the front lift supports were placed.

Hope that helps.

Good Luck,

Mike Brinker
74 TR6