CLUTCH PROBLEMS

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: CLUTCH PROBLEMS
From: "." <gln@worldpath.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 20:40:29 -0700
I've been noticing that when I shift into 1st or reverse from a standstill
the tranny grinds. It feels like the clutch is not fully disengaging. I
noticed the last time I had the tranny out the fork pins were worn about 30
percent. I thought this normal wear and left them but installed a "super
wammy hard" clutch fork pin (the part that always breaks). Well now I'm
getting some ugly noises when I press the clutch pedal down and a shudder
when I let the clutch out. I'm probably just going to pull the tranny and
put a new clutch in but if there's anything else I could check first it
would be great not to have to do a clutch job!! Also any advise on
replacement clutches and release bearings?

Thanks
Nick