RE: timing and carbs

To: "Vink, Graham" <vinkg@fleishman.com>,
Subject: RE: timing and carbs
From: "Terry Geiger" <tgeiger@aitinc.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 11:14:53 -0500
I run my '74 TR6 with the retard disconnected and timed at 8BTDC and it runs
fine.  In fact, it's nearing lunch time and it is a sunny 70 degree day in
Alabama.  I think I'll go out for lunch today in the old car  :^)

Also, when the retard is connected don't you set it to 4ATDC (not 4BTDC)?

You are correct, the retard is there for emissions purposes.

Terry