Weber Carb Installation

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Weber Carb Installation
From: "Seth Glassman" <sells2eat@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 11:57:08 -0500
Thanks to all who responded to my questions re: my Weber carb conversion.
Well, got the Webers on and all linkages attached and carbs adjusted. Running
great but need to try different vacuum hoses as the ones I bought to extend
the tiny black stock tubes off the fuel trap are too soft and I think are
collapsing.  One problem developed though as a result of having to modify the
manifolds/adaptors.  These came off a '72 240Z (like the Webers) and were
about 1-11/2 inch too long and the front one hit the inside wheel well.
Decided to cut down the manifolds at the flange where it connects to the
intake manifold, then TIG weld the flange back on it.  That worked out fine,
but in the process of doing this to shorten their length, some of the downward
curve was eliminated and thus made the carbs sit a bit higher than if I had
just bought the correct manifolds.  Well, now the hood won't close due to the
height of the front carb with air cleaner housing fitted on it.

Will be cutting down front filter element (I'm a bit reluctant though since
its a K&N at $52 bucks) but that seems to be the only solution except to spend
the $200+ on the correct manifolds.

Regards,
Seth Glassman
'76 TR6   CF57223U0