Re: Seat coverings

To: StuBeatty@aol.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Seat coverings
From: "James Tabor" <jatabor@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 11:30:22 -0500
hello,

i believe i bought mine from Moss.
i have a 1976 as well...which is important concern for the
headrest.......
get this!... it did NOT come w/ the foam
for the headrest! Urggh!
I called moss, and they said the kits come from england
and do not include the head rest foam.
So i went to a local
upholstry shop in md and (you will never believe this!)
the shop was in the process THAT VERY DAY re-covering a TR6!!!
The kit they bought was from Victory British and DID come w/ the headrest
foam. So the owner got the foam out and he said you can easily
make this out of some scraps i have. and gave me really nice think
scraps that would be the exact (or close) to the size of the pre-made one!
So double cool for me!
anyone on this list in the frederick md area get your tr6 re-covered
about 2 1/2 years ago?

that being said: if you don't mind the possiblity of making your own
headrest foam, the Moss kit was beautiful!

or....you could see if the shop can order the vinyl of your choice
and make the kit for you. i did that on a vehicle once w/ bucket seats.
came to about $350 total. they sewed the piping and stiches all right there
and took the seats out and fit them! once they got the fabric, took just one
day! they were AWESOME looking!

hope this helps!

-james