Re: 6 Pack Digest V1 #560

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 6 Pack Digest V1 #560
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 16:07:54 EST
In a message dated 2/26/2002 5:28:46 PM Eastern Standard Time,
owner-6pack-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> The infamous third
> white wire was just hanging out from the junction where the rear harness
> exits
> the main harness near the kick panel. About 2 inches long with an insulated
> connector on it small enough for me not to notice it last Spring when I had
> the pedal box out and back in

Russ,

That is a real puzzler!  My '71 doesn't have that wire, and I can think of no
reason for it being there. There is no electrical component that Triumph used
that would have needed a white wire in that location. John Uloth suggested
that the third wire might be for the OD relay, but that relay is located just
a few inches from the fuse box, so if it were for that, there would have been
no need to run it back to the kick panel/rear connector.

Does this wire run inside the harness wrap?  If so, how did it get caught
between the pedal box and the firewall.  This has gotten my curiosity
aroused.

Oh, well, things like this keep it interesting. Does anyone else with a '71
have this wire?  Anyone have any idea why it's there?

Regards,

Dan Masters
Alcoa, Tennessee

Triumph TR 250 - TR6 Electrical Maintenance Handbook:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas6/
Stuffing a V8 into a small British sports car:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas/
British V8 Newsletter:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas4/mgv8.htm