HS6 for TR6

To: "'6pack@autox.team.net'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: HS6 for TR6
From: "Knight, James" <James.Knight@purchase.edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 08:28:35 -0500
Pat:
I have had HS6's on my '71 for a long time and have found them to be less
trouble than the ZS's and I feel ( this may be wishful thinking) they made
the car a bit zippier. Mine have KN needles, which seem to work fine.  Joe
Curto told me several years ago that he was using CV needles in HS6's for
TR6 with good results.  I can't remember what springs I have in mine.  If
you're interested, I'll go look.  I did have to make up a linkage for
between the carbs, which was pretty straightforward, but the rest of the
linkages back to the accelerator shaft are the original ones.  The only
fussy thing is getting the chokes to return completely when you push the
knob back in.  You may have to add a spring in ensure they return
completely.  My gas mileage was pretty much the same after converting.  All
in all, I found the change worth making.

Jim Knight