Re: Paint Type

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Paint Type
From: Jim Davis <jdavis344@directvinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 10:57:33 -0500
  Peter,
My Bentley manual lists the recommended torque at 60-80 foot-pounds but
the Haynes manual lists the torque at 55-60. My guess, and it's only
that, is that most over-torquing problems are the result of the settings
on the impact wrenches most garages and tire stores use and not from
hand torqueing the lug nuts.  Maybe I'm a bit over zealous in this area
because of my possibly dangerous habit of  painting my brake drums,
discs (not the friction area) calipers and wheels. :-)
Jim