RE: Caliper heat/paint

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Caliper heat/paint
From: William Whitmoyer <wwhitmoyer@samsonite.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 09:40:26 -0500
I'm guessing here, as I'm not near any of my brake system books, but
unpainted calipers would seem to bleed off heat faster than painted
calipers (as long as they don't rust), but I'm not sure that is going to
make a difference in any fashion....big difference would be going from cast
iron to aluminum calipers, especially if you are able to use larger rotors
and calipers.

Doesn't 200 degrees seem low for estimated caliper temps?