Re: bearings

To: lang@isis.mit.edu
Subject: Re: bearings
From: Btp44@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 12:06:30 EST
Bob-I have found that the best way to remove hub bearings is with a bearing
separator. It is a split circular wedge that is clamped around the base of
the bearing and can be used with a hydraulic press or as an extractor similar
to the churchhill tool shown in the manual. They are sold in industrial
supply stores. Also, Harbor Freight has one for about $30. I have also used
grind&chisel method with a die grinder&cut off wheel, but prefer to pull the
bearing.
Berry Price