Connector block location

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Connector block location
From: "Russ Pagano" <pagano@home.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 22:47:11 -0500
The wiring diagrams for the 70-71 model years show a connector block which
connects the wiring from the starter, alternator, and fuse box. Where is
this located - behind the dash somewhere perhaps? Also, at the fuse box I
have 2 white wires (on one connector) and a single white wire connected to
the same fuse input terminal pair. It looks original but the wiring diagrams
show 2 not 3 white wires at this terminal (going to coil and ign switch).
Where does the 3rd wire go?
I'm trying to diagnose something that is dragging down the electrical system
when I turn the key to "IGN". I've disconnected the alt, starter, and all
the connections to the fuse box. Whatever is connecting to the single white
wire circuit is drawing a lot of current only with the switch set to "IGN"
or start. I need to do some more diagnosis but first need to figure out
where these darn wires go to look for a short. More questions later I'm
sure.
Russ Pagano
71 TR6
Member of Triumphs Around the Chesapeake www.tracltd.org