Suspention upgrades?

To: Ethan_Thompson@attbi.com, handhvan@msn.com, slimsgt@mcleodusa.net,
Subject: Suspention upgrades?
From: info@theyeagergroup.com
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 08:50:48 -0600
Greetings TR Experts,

I realize a TR6 is never going to take a BMW M-class Z3 roadster from a
horsepower
standpoint.  I have concentrated on the suspension for most of my
modifications.  I will
likely never put the car in an autocross but if I can take an "offending"
Miata, Camero, or
(more likely) a 1 ton pick-up while at on a twisting back road romp I will be
happy.  :-)

Having said that, a number of questions follow.

I have the upgraded road springs and Koni shocks up front.  The car is riding
on the
original rubber bushings so while I am overhauling and converting the hydraulic
systems to silicone why not replace the bushings?

Living in Texas the road surface gets hot in the summer, which is hard on
rubber parts.
If I want the "best bang for the buck" both in handling and low maintenance
wouldnt
that bring me to putting urethane bushings on the car?  Is there another
material that
will give more bang for the buck I should consider?

With competition springs already on the car would the eventual addition of
matched
front and rear anti-sway bars be a worthy addition or would this just
over-stress the 26-
year-old frame?

God bless,

Dr. Evan Todd Yeager