RE: one ringy dingy

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: one ringy dingy
From: "Riddle, Mark" <riddlem@ciitech.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 08:03:07 -0500
Jim,
The "rings" are available, or they were, from TRF. I got a set from them
last year.

As to the refinishing of the veneer, my vote would be to try and refinish
what is there. That is what I am working on now.

The numbers stamped in the edges of the panel and door, my opinion is that
they are there to mate the glovebox door and the main dash panel once the
veneer had been applied. They probably stamped the number into the pieces
after the veneer process, so that during finishing (edge painting, and
varnish), the matching pieces could be mated back together. That is what
appears to be the case. If anyone else has any ideas, I would love to know
for sure.

Mark Riddle
'72 TR6 (LOOOOOONNNNNGGGG restoration project)