tires

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: tires
From: mjmullin@juno.com
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 14:08:16 GMT
Mark C., et al:

Greg's Pirelli P6000s (and my Yoko A509s) are 205/65-15.  My stock rims have
got 205/70-15s, which many consider to look correct as far as filling out the
wheel wells.  I've noticed that many of the Brits (as noted in Triumph World
magazine) never go over 195mm in width.  My reservation regarding the 75 aspect
ratio tires discussed on the list is that you really wouldn't be able to find
a decent handling tire......its getting harder and harder to find anything
"sporting" in even the 205/65-15 size anymore.  But if appearance and correct
rolling diameter are priorities, then the tires that match the formulas posted
will be what you want.  Also watch for tire rub on the 215s.  I know 215s
coupled with 7" rims are trouble on the TR6 front suspension.

For what its worth...

Matt Mullin, 6-PACK Chairman
'69 TR6

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!