Re: TR6 Engine

To: MHarmon@sces.org
Subject: Re: TR6 Engine
From: jay_welch@juno.com
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 10:28:19 -0500
Hi Mike,

This comes up on the list quite a bit.  I too had the same concern.
Mount the fingers of the stand to a comfortable location top and bottom
using four bolts and washers as needed.  I used grade 8 bolts (I think I
used two 5/16 and two 3/8).  I have one of those cheapie engine stands
and it stayed on there for a couple of months with no problem.  I even
bounced it a bit to make sure :-)

Good luck,
Jay Welch, Abington MA
1971 TR6 project
1973 TR6 driver - wanting to "Drive it Hard"
Member "Cape Cod British Car Club" @
http://clubs.hemmings.com/capecodbritish/