Re: PDWA repair kit

To: "Riddle, Mark" <riddlem@ciitech.com>
Subject: Re: PDWA repair kit
From: Skip Montanaro <skip@pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 08:40:52 -0600
    Mark> My question is, what was the consensus about repair kits for this
    Mark> version?

I've seen mention of a kit from Rimmer Brothers, though that may be from the
later style TR6 PDWA.  I seem to recall that White Post or Apple Hydraulics
will rebuild them.  That would probably only be necessary if the cylinder
wall is pitted.  I suspect the only "soft" parts that would need to be
replaced are the o-rings on the shuttle and possibly washers under the
warning switch and the nut that seals the cylinder.  You should be able to
show the o-rings to a parts counter and get replacements.  Just make sure
they are resistant to brake fluid.

--
Skip Montanaro (skip@pobox.com - http://www.mojam.com/)