Re: U-joints

To: "Brad ." <brad1184@hotmail.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: U-joints
From: "Nelson Riedel" <nriedel@nextek.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 15:53:04 -0500
Hi Brad,

The book is correct, you tap them out with a (sledge) hammer.  Seriously,
use a minimum 2 pound hammer.

A large vise can also be used as a press.  Put a large socket on one side
and a small socket on the other, then put everything in the vise and
squeeze.   The small socket will push the bearing in on one side and the
other bearing out the other side into the large socket.  Once the bearings
break loose, you can use a punch from the inside to drive the bearings out
(in pieces).

Nelson Riedel
Granville Ohio
'68TR250, '70TR6, '76TR6