Corvair hubs

To: "Six pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Corvair hubs
From: "James Franks" <jimmble@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 08:02:26 -0500
    I know some of you racers are using Corvair hubs. Are you happy so
far? I'm either going to weld the Corvair outer to a TR hub, or pay the
BIG bucks for the aluminum hubs that are being made.

I'm obviously going to add weight with the welded steel hubs, but I'm
not sure that it's important on the rear, given the swing- arm rear. You
have to run so stiff back there to handle decently that a little
unsprung weight hardly matters.

Input?

BTW, we're talking about a TR250 with a 250 HP turbo 2.3 4 cyl Ford and
T5 trans. and an 8.8" rear from a Supercoupe. I'm sure the stock axles
will be inadequate!

Jim