ZS Dashpots - loss of oil

To: "Triumph 6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: ZS Dashpots - loss of oil
From: "Ken Davis" <kenjdavis@home.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 13:47:00 -0700
hi list,
subject says all, I'm using a considerable amount of oil in the dashpots
lately. Used to be a top-off every week or two, now the rear-most needs a
top off every 2-4 days.  At first I thought maybe the diaphragm was broken,
but after looking at it today it is fine.  Next order of business was the
O-ring thingie (tech term) under the carb. nope, oil filmy, but not oil
leaky.   When I took the top off the carb, I found it to be very clean, no
dirt, no oil puddle, but the needle was very loose and wiggly (another tech
term).   I sure others have / had this problem, can some KS point me in the
right direction.  It's not a critical item, I was planning a carb rebuild
(and a gearbox seal/mount) as my winter project, but, if the oil leak is an
easy fix, I'd like to get it done now.

All comments, help appreciated.

Ken
South San Francisco