to little crankshaft end float?

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: to little crankshaft end float?
From: "Richard Seaton" <RSH17@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 16:45:19 -0500
  I've purchased my brother's '69 TR6, it's been in a carport for 15 years.
I'm doing a complete restoration of the vehicle except the engine which he
rebuilt 15,000 miles ago. I've put new seals in the engine and was checking
the crank end float and according to my measurements it has less than .001
inch of float. Is this possible with 15,000 miles or am I doing something
wrong. The motor is on an engine stand where I used a pry bar against the
crank and inner block.

Thanks all,
 Richard Seaton
New (old) 1969 TR6 owner