Re: Floorpan removal/replacement?

To: Jerry Shaw <jcs104@home.com>
Subject: Re: Floorpan removal/replacement?
From: Jim Davis <jdavis@ldl.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 21:35:54 -0400
Jerry,
I just had the driver's side floor pan replaced on CF37325U. I bought a floor
pan from TRF and was going to pull the body off the frame to have it installed.
In my case there was severe rust through in the center section, but the edges
were sound. My body shop recommended cutting the old pan out leaving an inch
around the edges and cutting the new pan to fit. Well, they did a great job.
They primed and painted the bottom of the pan then welded and sealed all the
seams. When the final coat goes on, I doubt anyone will ever know it has been
replaced. Unless you want to pull the body off the frame, with all the
re-alignment woes that it entails, I'd go with cutting and replacing with
body-on.
I should have some photos in the next few days and I'll send them to you if you
like.
Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO