Re: Squealing front brakes

To: "Neil Beesley" <neil.beesley@securesult.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Squealing front brakes
From: "James Franks" <jimmble@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 09:20:58 -0400
Neil,

I have had good luck with the following method:

1. Ditch the shims. They don't seem to help.

2. coat the back of the pads with a silicone -like material called 'Disk
brake quiet'. It is found at your corner parts store. Follow the
directions and let it dry some before installing. (Clean the copper
stuff from your pads and pistons first)

Some cars are worse than others. Hope this helps!

Jim