Bushing in tie rod lever?

To: 6Pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Bushing in tie rod lever?
From: "Walter Fogle" <lbc4me@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 15:28:33 +0000
Hello List:

As I posted a few days ago; I have a set of new tie rod ends to install on
my '69 TR6.  Before I pop things apart I want to be sure that I don't need
any additional parts.  I've looked at the Bentley and Haynes manuals, my TR6
Parts Catalogue, and the various mail order catalogs I have on hand and all
DO NOT indicate a bushing at the connection of the tie rod end and the tie
rod lever.  Can someone confirm this for me?

Does the tie rod end simply connect with the tie rod lever and is it
fastened only with the nyloc nut that came with the new tie rod end?  No
bushing?

As always, thanks for everyone's help.

Walt Fogle
'69 TR6, CC30689L