Changing tie rod ends

To: 6Pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Changing tie rod ends
From: "Walter Fogle" <lbc4me@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 04:19:36 +0000
Greetings List:

I purchased a set of new tie rod ends from BPNW.  The old ones on my car are
missing the boots and are in dire need of replacing.

Do I need to purchase a ball joint separator or pickle fork to separate the
tie rod ends from the steering arm?  It appears to be a straight forward
operation otherwise as long as I mark the relative position of the old ends
on the thread.  I'll take the car to a local Brit shop for alignment after
installation.

Any additional tips or warnings?  Thanks as usual for your help.

Best regards,
Walt Fogle
'69 TR6, CC30689L
Woodinville, WA