Re: J type overdrive help

To: pbrzozoski@netscape.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: J type overdrive help
From: "John Howard" <trjhhow7@home.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2001 21:18:40 -0400
Phil:

I found myself in the very same predicament a few years ago, having removed
the trans before reading the manual. The alternative method does work. I
fabricated the tool L402 by drilling out a short bolt that could replace the
plug, then pressure fitting a greese fitting. I bought a good quaility
greese gun, which I needed anyway, and charged it with oil. Then pumped. (I
had energized the solonoid.) As I remember, the od did then separate.

I just went to my bolt box and found the drilled out bolt. Be happy to send
it to you if you wish.

I can't help with the rest....I was rebuilding the gearbox.

Regards     John Howard