Re: [Fwd: Late TR6 transmission top cover]

To: jh_davis@mindspring.com (Jim Davis)
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Late TR6 transmission top cover]
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 00:31:41 -0700 (PDT)
I, too, would be interested in the easiest way to change the O-rings on
the selector shafts, as my tranny has the solid top.  I'm about to drill
thru and tap some thread  holes to make it like the earlier models, but
this seems like too much work.  Open for a better idea here...
The transmssion is now out of the car... Again... The throw out bearing
started growling 300 miles from home last weekend. Before I made it back
from Vegas it sounded as if I was grinding rocks when I stepped on the
clutch pedal. Of course I got caught in a god-awful traffic jam coming
home and had to use only 1st and 2nd gear for 2 1/2 hours, while
covering only 24 miles.  This will be the third T.O. that I replaced in
the last 11 months, or 9,000 miles.  Moss always gives me a free new
one, but this time I'm going to try the Toyota Land Cruiser bearing.
It's gotta' be better.

Dick T.