Re: Suspension rebuils with urathane

To: TR6me@cs.com
Subject: Re: Suspension rebuils with urathane
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 13:55:12 -0800 (PST)
Mark---Some of the suppliers of the urethane kits provide their own lube
in a tube. I would think that they would know what is best, having a
wider base of information....but, when I converted mine many years ago,
they squeaked. I solved it by doing two things: Not tightening the
nuts/bolts so tight, and packing all friction points with wheel bearing
grease. They haven't squeaked since. (The acid test for me would be
limping over parking lot speed bumps.)  Since then I've re-discovered
the magic of MOLYKOTE and use it on nearly everything except wheel
bearings!

Dick T.
'73