Re: Clutch confusion

To: tr6nut@telocity.com, jamdav@woodward.com
Subject: Re: Clutch confusion
From: "Kevin D. O'Connor" <oconnor@fuse.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 14:11:28 -0500
Gentlemen:

Can you please note all of the part numbers needed for this?  I like BPNW,
and have bought from them in the past.  Their Sachs 4pc. kit is $187, but
they have a B&B 3pc kit for $110.  Any advice is greatly appreciated here.

Also, is there a picture or description of where to add a second hole/bolt
to the fork assembly?  Does this second hole degrade the strength of the
shaft?  I'm also considering a weld.  Any thoughts???

As a side note, I have 2 TR4 trannies at home.  I took apart the clutch
shafts.  On both the pins looked good.  On the first shaft, the forkpin hold
was badly worn and ovaled.  The mating pocket in that fork was ovaled too.
On the second shaft, everything looked very good - almost new.  I may reuse
the old pin and fork...???