Re: 6 Pack Digest V1 #222

To: 6pack-digest@autox.team.net, deswertw@ucnsb.net
Subject: Re: 6 Pack Digest V1 #222
From: TomRJade@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 21:16:56 EST
Wayne,
I finished a 5 year frame off resto job (every nut and bolt) on an original
owner, complete car here in New York.  I did do some custom work to the car.
I.e. 145 HP motor, custom upholstered interior, s/s trunk liner, s/s under
the hood, 2 SU carbs, rebuilt original a/c system, new overdrive unit, posi
rear etc.,etc.The car was appraised at $30,000 even though I spent $35,000 on
the job. If you back out the $12,000 on the paint job, a #1 resto built to
your spec's is going to cost you about $22,000+-  depending where you live in
the country.  I also did the entire disassembly and reassembly myself.  If
you would like more info, feel free to email me any questions you might have.
TXR-74