Rear Hub Assy.

To: "6 Pack Digest" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear Hub Assy.
From: "John Phillips" <TR6@vigoris.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 18:14:45 -0600
When they break the rear wheel goes where ever it wants.  My 76 had a bent
right rear wing above the tire that makes me think the PO had a problem.

If there is more than .020" of play in the rear bearing assy.,  You are out
of spec.  That is, check the movement distance by holding a square against
the raised tire.  Move the tire in and out to established the maximum
travel.  If the distance will accept a .020" feeler gauge, a rebuild may be
in order.

Cross Roads Auto Systems does a great rebuild.  They have a web site.

John Phillips, Claremore, OK
Green Country Triumphs & Jaguar Enthusiasts Club
76 TR6 CF51655   89 XJS Convertible
 http://www.greencountrytriumphs.com/