Re: Appraisal

To: 6Pack List <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Appraisal
From: Bernard Robbins <brobbins@wlg.nec.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 08:50:31 +1300
Hi Mark,

I too have just had a valuation done for insurance purposes.

Check out the valuer you use to make sure the insurance company is happy
about it, or will accept their valuation. Ask the insurance company who
they would recommend. I don't know what it is like in the States, but here
some insurance companies will try to weasel out of any claim if they think
they can get away with it (I have a couple of stories from friends which
show just how mercenary they can be - one friend had his claim turned down
because he had put a racing stripe on the car. The insurance company turned
this down because he had "modified" the car with a "performance" accessory!!).

When going for the valuation, make sure you car is clean and presentable. I
would recommend cleaning the engine bay and engine - doesn't need to be
perfect, just clean to the touch so the car gives the impression of being
well looked after. A coat of polish on the rest of the car doesn't go amiss
either.

Hope this helps.

Bernard Robbins

At 09:21 2/11/00 -0500, Creamer, Mark wrote:
>Hi folks,
>My insurance agent just reminded me I need to come up with an appraisal for
>my beloved six. Never done this before. Any suggestions? I'm a little
>hesitant to just call the first one I see in the yellow pages for fear he or
>she won't understand the car.
>
>Thanks,
>Mark Creamer
>76 TR6