RE: Wiring Manual

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Wiring Manual
From: ingate@horizon.com
Date: 25 Aug 2000 15:30:17 -0000
All,

I just received a copy of Dan's book, and I immediately
fell in love with it.  This is a very high-quality, good
looking (and feeling) tome, that is to TR6 electrics as the
Bently manual is to hardware.  Even for folk who are
experienced in electrical troubleshooting, Dan removes a
lot of the "mystery" of Lucas wiring, and demonstrates
that there is indeed a lot of thought behind the Lucas madness.

If you work on your TR6, this is a "must have".  Wiring is
no longer a mystery to me, but is now just another
maintenance item.

Eg, the big bugaboo of LBC electrics, bad connectors and grounds
are explained in both heuristic and analytical fashions,
with diagrams that really made clear to me what is happening
when we have these problems.  Dan then sets out to give examples
of how we can be fooled by bad grounds, etc.  I never realized
just how many symptoms the electrics can express through one simple
short!  And finally, he gives us a methodology for tracking the little
buggers down, step by step.

Another easy-to-follow aide is the use of trouble-shooting
flow-diagrams for each system in the car.  IF this happens, THEN
follow this, ELSE, do this....  Extraordinary.

If you buy one Triumph book this year, I highly recommend
Dan Master's "Triumph TR250 - TR6 Electrical Maintenance Handbook."

Shane Ingate
Melbourne, FL