Re: Welcome home to our new 24-year-old baby + Question #1 (as a

To: mcreamer@cinci.rr.com (Mark Creamer)
Subject: Re: Welcome home to our new 24-year-old baby + Question #1 (as a
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 23:53:28 -0700 (PDT)
Mark---At least two different things could cause your wipers not to
"park" after switching off the wipers. It could be just a lot of play in
the wiper drive mechanism, and doesn't return the blades to rest on the
windscreen base. Your comment about "just pushing them back down"
suggests that electrically everything is connected correctly.  Prying
each wiper arm off of its splined drive shaft, and repositioning them so
they will stop closer to where you want them to is a temporary
alternative to replacing the worn parts that cause this.    HOWEVER, if
these wipers stop at random places all over the windscreen, you don't
want to do the above.  Random stopping suggests that there is a bad
switch, wires crossed or disconnected at the back of this switch.
Without going into detail any further, may I offer that now is as good a
time as any to get hold of a good service manual, that includes the
electrical diagrams that you'll need?

Congratulations on finding the TR6 you wanted!

Dick Taylor
L.A.