WTF! Running/Starting Issue

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: WTF! Running/Starting Issue
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 19:43:38 -0400
I need the collective know-how of the list, and quickly too!

Yesterday the TR-6 acted up.  It would not maintain decent running
(skipping, backfiring, etc).  Thinking it is again an ignition problem, as
before I swapped out the electronic ignition (Pertronix) and put in a points
/ condenser (already adjusted).

I have spark at the cylinders, the car is timed correctly (double checked
this evening).  I have gasoline to the carburettors, a good strong steady
pulse.  But for some reason, it just does not want to run.  It doesn't even
begin to catch, just cranks on and on.  Whether I have the Pertronix in or
the points and condenser, I have the same consistently timed spark.

Brand new Lucas sport coil about 3 weeks ago.  Ran fine since then, until
yesterday.

Thanks!

--
Kai M. Radicke -- kai@radiohead.net
1974 Triumph TR-6S (as in supercharged!)