"Last" TR6?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: "Last" TR6?
From: mjmullin@juno.com
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 06:37:01 -0400
Listers:

At the Cincinnati British Car Day, I saw a car claiming to be the last
TR6, bringing the total of "last" TR6s that I've seen/heard of up to
three!  I guess I should have gotten the commision number, but I didn't.
The other "last" cars include the BRG one offered for sale by Group 44 a
few years back, the brown one referenced on Mike Brinkers web page trivia
quiz, and now, a Tahiti Blue one.

While doing some digging, I heard of a very late car in Texas that has a
BMHIT build sheet indicating that the car was brown, but that it was
painted BRG originally at the factory!  I take everything wqith a grain
of salt these days.

By the way, I drove around for years with the tranny exposed in my car,
the u-joint spinning next to my thigh......I think I was influenced by
the movie the Road Warrior, and that the all metal interior (no
upholstery except for the seats, door trim and dash!) was a cool look!
Plus, I could mop up all the water that got in the car after a rain very
quickly!

Your thoughts please?

Matt Mullin, 6-PACK National Chairman
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.