Re:Stuck Head/ Compression

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:Stuck Head/ Compression
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 05:46:51 -0700 (PDT)
Kendall,

I have 9.5:1 compression on my car with no problems on 93 octane.
Goodparts runs 9.7.  If you're doing EFI (and presumably you'll be able
to program fuel and ignitin curves into your ECU), you could safely go
over that, I would think.  At the very least, you'll be safe with 9.7:1
on 93 octane. Getting your combustion chambers worked a bit to smooth
them out and get rid of any potential "hot spots" will further help
avoid detonation.

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6

http://mail.yahoo.com/