Re: Door Rattles

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Door Rattles
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 04:41:20 -0700 (PDT)
You are right to replace the fuzzy and rubber strip at the top of the
door, but you should also replace the window channels which are within
the door.  The glass slides up and down through these channels.  The
channels are U-shaped and are lined with fuzzy material which falls
apart over time, allowing the windows to shake within the channels
because they aren't being held tight.  Replace all 4 channels (two in
each door) and the rattles should go.  TRF sells a kit that comes with
all the channels and hardware.  Pretty simple job, it took care of the
rattles in my doors.

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6

http://mail.yahoo.com/