trouble with the wiring

To: 6pack-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: trouble with the wiring
From: TomRJade@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 21:44:26 EDT
Help!
I am having trouble with the oil pressure light/switch (three prong type) on
my 74.  I have spent at least three hours trying everything to remedy the non
lighted oil pressure light, to no avail.  The wire harness in the car is new,
the pressure switch is new and tested ok, everything else in the car works
correctly. So here is the question.  Since I no longer have the anti run on
valve Item 80 on page 17 of the Bentley book installed, I have no power to
the oil pressure switch. Simple solution right? Just jump the Brown/red wire
to the white/purple wire directly and I should get power at the oil pressure
switch through the white/purple wire, when the ignition is on.  Instead I
only get power when the ignition is turn all the way off ??? When I take the
key out of the ignition the oil light stays on!  After looking at the wire
schem. on Pg 17 is power to come to the oil light from the WP wire or through
the brake failure switch the BP wire?
Also #76 the brake warning light is lite constantly.
Anyone?
TXR -74