Long day - clutch update and help needed still

To: "6pack" <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Long day - clutch update and help needed still
From: "Charles and Linda Duckworth" <cnlduckwor@ninenet.com>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 21:14:50 -0500
Started at 8:30 this morning and had the interior 'gutted' by 9:45 am.
Pulled out the transmission and much to my surprise (and my senior
mechanic/friend) the pin attaching the fork to the clutch was still
completely intact.  So we took the advise of the group and got a 5/16"
number 8 bolt and drilled a second hole through the folk and shaft and added
an additional bushing on the driver's side with lots of grease - put
everything back together.  So given the bolt wasn't the problem with the
piston coming out the back of the slave cylinder what else could it be?  The
slave cylinder is mounted correctly on the side facing the transmission
housing.   The rod I have is 5 inches long (excluding the bracket that
attaches to the arm on the clutch shaft) and looks after being mounted on
the arm to be about 1/2" short .  It also has a groove machined in it 5/8"
from the end that pushes the piston.  Could Moss have shipped the wrong size
pushrod?

Haven't driven the car yet we were also done and about to put the seat in so
we could test the system when the pushrod broke where the bracket was
attached to the round rod (am going to get a replacement Monday from Moss).
So if this is the right size pushrod - what else could be causing the piston
to push out of the slave cylinder; I'm assuming right now it must be a
faulty piston and rubber washer in the slave cylinder?

Thanks for everyone's continued help
Charlie