Re: Weak spot - tapered pin-clutch fork

To: jamdav@woodward.com
Subject: Re: Weak spot - tapered pin-clutch fork
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 13:14:37 EDT
Hi Jim,

I replaced the tapered pin with a bolt.  I drilled a hole through, then
replaced the pin with a 5/16" bolt.  I can't remember what Grade of bolt I
used right off hand, but it was either a Grade 5 or 7 bolt.  I also replaced
the bushings at both ends of the cross shaft and doubled them up (using two
on each side instead of one), then used anti-sieze on all the wear spots for
better long lasting wear protection.

The web site that Peter mentioned might have something similar to this on it.

Scott Helms
'72 TR6
'76 TR6