mpg

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: mpg
From: RedTriumphTr6@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 10:43:13 EDT
Hey 6 packers:   Any thoughts on what the "average" miles per gallon should
be for a TR6 driven in town and on the highway?  I thought that my original
73 got about 23 or 24 on the highway back in 73, but my current car, a 74 1/2
with milled heads (9.5:1 compression) seems to only be getting about 150 to
175 miles on a tank of gas in city driving.   How many gallons does the TR
hold?  I seem to recall about 10.4?  My car's  mileage does not seem high
enough to me, maybe my carbs need to be  adjusted, since my mechanic
attempted to adjust them last Fall when I had the pinging problem.  I want to
double check them myself, so I am ordering the manual and tools.  Any other
things I should check regarding the mileage drop, as I "know" my car did
better in fuel consumption before, although I never really checked it .
     Next problem:  Sunday I spent 5 hours (without success) trying to
reinstall my window crank and my remote door handle.  I removed them to fix
an inside door striker screw which had come loose and dropped down inside the
door.  I used two screw drivers to compress the chrome bezel to pop out the
retaining pins on each, but for the life of me I cannot get the pins back
in...I am having trouble even compressing the bezel back far enough to get at
the pin's hole.  What am I doing wrong?  Do you need a special tool? Two
people (one to depress and one to insert?)  I am totally frustrated here,
guys.  Help!
                                                              Bob Pierson