Re: Removing TR6 Rear Springs? Help

To: "6pack list" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Removing TR6 Rear Springs? Help
From: Peter Macholdt <pmachold@pluto.njcc.com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 09:32:31 -0400
Don,

For what it is worth, I removed a set of "uprated" TRF springs and fit a
new pair of stock springs without doing anything other than disconnecting
the link.  I admit, it was tough to get the old springs out (needed to do
a little prying), but it was pretty easy to get the new ones in (the
stock springs are slightly shorter than the TRF springs).

BTW, anybody want to buy a pair of slightly used (1 season) uprated TRF
rear springs?

Good luck,
Peter

>I am in the process of redoing my 72 TR6's suspension with Good Parts
>springs and bushings. I followed the manual tonight to remove the rear
>spring and couldn't get it out. Here's what I did: After placing the floor
>jack underneath the trailing arm I unbolted the shock link from the trailing
>arm. Then I lowered the jack but the trailing arm only went down a couple of
>inches and the spring wasn't loose.
>
>I am a little leery of prying on the spring since it feels like it is still
>under compression. It doesn't look like anything is binding. I thought that
>a U-joint might be binding so I turned the axle a little and tried it again.
>Still no luck. Any suggestions?
>
>A couple of other questions while you're here:
>
>Does anyone make a heavy-duty rear shock link? Something with a heim joint
>perhaps?
>
>Where can I get different valves for the lever shocks? I see them listed for
>other cars, but not the TR6.
>
>Thanks,
>Don Clark
>Seattle