Still up on blocks - rear brakes help needed

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Still up on blocks - rear brakes help needed
From: "Charles and Linda Duckworth" <cnlduckwor@ninenet.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 19:50:21 -0500
Well, the new clutch is in and working perfectly,  interior back etc.  so
while the car was up on blocks and the tools strewn throughout the garage we
decided to replace the rear brake pistons as one showed to have a slow leak
at one time.  Put the two new pistons in and found the driver's side piston
to be leaking when we started bleeding air out the the system.  Apparently
the previous owner had cross threaded the male adapter on the driver's side
and it destroyed the threads in the piston, we got it tight enough to get
home and I planned tonight to order a new brake line and new piston (I
should have Moss on speed dial).  Drove the car yesterday and checked the
master cylinder reservoir and it was down 1/2".  So I assumed it was the
cross threaded piston and took off the drum to see if the shoes had gotten
wet (nope).  Then checked the passenger side and the piston was leaking from
that side.

So I assume my plan should be:
1.  Don't continue to tighted the old fittings into the passenger side
piston - just order a new brake hose and install new hose to the new piston.
2.  Order a new piston and brake hose for the driver's side.

I measured both and the driver's side comes out to 17" long and the
passenger side is 17 1/2", the VB catalog shows a 12" and the next size up
is 20" so I order two 20" and don't worry about the extra 3".

Anything I'm missing?
Charlie