TR6 Exhaust Leaks

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Exhaust Leaks
From: "Thomas E. Sanko" <tomsanko@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 15:49:52 -0700
I'm a newcomer to the list--been lurking for the past few months since
acquiring my 72 TR6.

I installed a new stainless steel exhaust system (dual pipes from exhaust
manifold to muffler) purchased from Moss Motors as one of my first projects.
Everything went together fine eventually, but now I have two small but
audible exhaust leaks--one where the front pipe attaches to the front
intermediate pipes and one where the front intermediate pipes attach to the
rear intermediate pipe. I have tried rotating the clamps at various angles
to the splits in the pipes and also (over)tightening the clamp
bolts--nothing seems to help. The connection at the muffler is leak-free.

Are there any tips to getting a good seal? How about different clamps?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Tom Sanko
72 TR6 CC80151U