Re: synthetic oil

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: synthetic oil
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 16:05:35 EST
Hi,

In my opinion (whatever it's worth), I don't feel there is that much
advantage to using synthetic oil in our LBC's.  The new oils are very good,
and since most of us don't drive our cars during extreme cold conditions, we
don't have to worry about its freezing cold starting characteristics.  Other
advantages of synthetics is that they supposedly suspend dirt particles
better, and they don't have the tendency to form sludge like the fossil oils
do over time.  Since we tend to change the oil and filter more often with
these cars than with our everyday drivers, I'm not sure that's an issue
either.

Just an opinion.....

Scott Helms

In a message dated 2/25/00 12:34:22 PM US Eastern Standard Time,