Re: Re; brake job

To: 6 Pack List <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re; brake job
From: "Kevin D. O'Connor" <oconnor@fuse.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 08:26:28 -0500

>I normally use a Ball jar filled half way with clean brake fluid, then a
>piece of vinyl tubing pushed tightly over the bleeder, and the other end "in"
>the brake fluid.  When you bleed the system, you can typically see the
>bubbles coming out into the fluid in the ball jar.  Of course don't let the
>MC run dry while doing so.

What worked for me is following the bleeding instructions in Carol Smith's
books. Put the car on jack stands, take of all wheels.  Attach bleed
lines/containers to the front and rear brakes on the same side of car, and
open-up the bleed screws.  Gravity bleeds the lines.  This worked after the
traditional "pump the pedal" method, which I was likely doing wrong, yielded
spongy brakes.

HTH, My $0.02,  Kevin