2000-register

Re: clutches

To: "Dave W" <dw_triumph@clear.net.nz>
Subject: Re: clutches
From: "Cindy and Terry@ESP" <esp@hypermax.net.au>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 07:11:34 +1000
Sorry Dave, I cant remember exact thicknesses  but I do remember the laycock
one is 0.040" (1mm) thicker. thats why people had bothers swapping one brand
for another. We never bothered checking thickness as the pressure plates had
commonly been machined at least once, and often more., A better check is to
take your pressure plate and clutch plate to a rebuilder and get him to
check release distance and pressure.
FYI, We still make up our race clutches that way and never had problems. In
our MK1 PI racer we use a laycock cover (lightened) with a Toyota pressure
spring to give 160 lb clamp force. The plate is a laycock (covered spring
type) with a special "greystone" lining. This combo has run for 4 years
handling just over 240hp.  We have relined the plate once

terry

///
///  2000-register@autox.team.net mailing list
///