2000-register

Cooling Fans.

To: tr2000 <2000-register@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cooling Fans.
From: Graham J Nelson <gravee.leafoe@cwcom.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 00:03:00 +0100
Still here, although not being able to answer querys on gearboxes, PI
injections etc haven't cluttered up the airways.

Have been replacing the viscous fan with a Kenlowe. A few details follow.
Contrary to what Kenlowe say the fan does not fit between the auto
transmission oil cooler and the water rad. Most people I have spoken to,
including Kenlowe, seem to think that the oil cooler is fitted towards
the top of the front of the water rad. On my two cars it is dead centre
with 25mm clearance. For those of you with a noisy viscous unit all is
not lost. Using suitable brackets the oil cooler can be moved forward to
give clearance. The existing pipes can be modified to suit without need
to replace and the existing flexibles can be used. It is necessary to
cut back the webs of the vertical stiffener either side of the air duct
to give clearance for the cooler pipes.
As part of the job it was necessary to have the topbox of the water rad
repaired. Took the opportunity to get that done and also have an old
squarebox 4 pass unit re-cored as spare. The re-core came back as a 3
pass which is no problem as the 4th did little anyway. Serck Marston did
the job and I was informed that there are few cores left in stock. If
anyone is thinking about re-cores their price was #62 inc vat (UK).
Took an oil cooler with a crossed thread connection in when I collected
the rads to see if repairable. They didn't have a connection but I was
informed that the cooler core was not repairable due to the material.
Whilst not too bothered at this time just thought it worth passing on.

rgds
Graham Nelson.

///
///  2000-register@autox.team.net mailing list